Highlighting curly hair can be a bit trickier than straight hair because the curls can make it harder to apply the color evenly. Here are a few tips for highlighting curly hair:
- Use a lightening product specifically designed for curly hair. These products are formulated to be gentle on curls and help to minimize damage.
- Section the hair into small, manageable sections to make it easier to apply the color evenly.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or a denman brush to detangle the hair before applying the color. This will help to prevent tangles and knots while applying the color.
- Apply the color in a sweeping motion, starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends. This will help to ensure that the color is applied evenly and that all of the curls are coated.
- Avoid using heat when highlighting curly hair. The heat can cause the curls to become dry and brittle, leading to damage. If you must use heat, use a low setting and be sure to use a heat protectant.
- After highlighting, be sure to use a deep conditioning treatment to help restore moisture and nourish the hair. This will help to keep the curls healthy and bouncy.